Volunteers are involved in the school and in the kindergarten activities.
Responsibilities in the Kindergarten would be most importantly just speaking English with the children.
Doing an English Program with the children twice or three times a week
- Playing with the children and keeping them safe, while being together with them
- Helping to prepare snacks for the children
- Helping to keep the group tidy
- Helping to dress the children when we go into the garden/ into the wood
A day in the kindergarten can look like:
07.00 – 08:30 We open the group, parents bring the children, Free play time, creative offerings, gym
08:30 – 09:00 Morning circle
09:00 -10:30 Garden time, gym, english programm, pedagogical offering, free play time
10.30 – 11:00 Snack Time
11:00 – 12.30 pedagogical offer: english programm, childconference
12.30-13.00 Garden time, Children are fetched by the parents
Responsibilities in the school
- Doing an English program twice a week
- Talking in English all the time with everybody
English and Spanish Programmes
The English program could be for example to teach the children about the Native Speakers culture, about ecological, sustainable, natural and healthy way of life, about the environment, animals and plants, the food circle, the weather circle, and especially topics that match to the projects we do with the children. As we see our native speaker as a member of our team, we will work together. In our Kindergartens we learn in a playful way, it would be great, if she/he had any songs, games for the morning circle and so on.